Brain Centre conducts advanced scientific research in
- Validation of a swallowing screening tool for patient with acute stroke
- Sway assessment of normal subjects by wii balance board using stance software in different age groups in indian population.
- Facial grading scale development
- Multiple Sclerosis clinical trial
It will lead to improved treatment options for patients with neurological disorders.
The neurological rehabilitation:-
The Brain Centre Rehabilitation Unit is able to offer an unrivalled level of expertise and care to patients with disability due to a neurological condition.
Conditions treated include:
- Head Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinsons Disease
- Guillain Barre and other neuropathies and polyneuropathies
The therapies we offer include:
- Physiotherapy:-The neurology physiotherapists apply specialist skills within a team context, to holistically assess and treat with the aim of improving movement and functional capabilities of patients with neurological disorders. The physiotherapy team provides a thorough assessment and appropriate treatment. The team is skilled in treating a wide variety of neurological conditions with good integration into the rehabilitation phase.
- Neuropsychology:- Evaluates and treats neuropsychological impairment related to disability. Neuropsychologist is cognitive assessment that is identifying and measuring the extent of any changes in thinking ability, including attention, memory, reasoning and perception. Finding solutions to acquired problem behaviours is also part of the role of the neuropsychologist as well as addressing the emotional and adjustment changes that frequently follow acute or chronic illness, in either the patient themselves or their relatives.
- Speech and Language therapy:-Helps to overcome communication and swallowing difficulties.